SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

coil balance parts help

A quick learner from Grimesland, NC says:
There should be two photos. One is the double coil support (it was screwed into the window with 2 screws, but the part closest to what you have only has 1 screw hole (15-150D). Do you also sell the rubber bumpers on the bottom?

The 2nd photo is what is left of the coil itself. Each side of the window had two going into the pivot shoe (both going into the same side of the shoe). One had a #3 and another one had a #4. I'm not exactly sure how they go back in, since it was broken when I took the window out. I will probably buy new pivots as well, and it seems your 15-111 (or the heavy duty one) will work nicely.
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I've assembled a list of possible replacement parts I think you will be interested in: see our 15-111 pivot lock shoe or 15-191 heavy duty pivot shoe, 15-150D double coil housing, S160-3 and S160-4 coil springs, and 15-148 rubber bumper. Finally, be sure to watch our video on how to install coil springs.
A quick learner from Grimesland, NC says:
Thank you! It looks like the 15-150D only has 1 screw to hold it. Mine had two. Will this be a big deal? Also, is there a reason the original window used both 3 and 4 coil springs on each side of a window? Or would it be okay go go with a 7 spring instead a 4 + 3 on each side?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
One screw is fine, there's really no need for two. You can, indeed, go with one S160-7 per side and you can even still use your old housing. If you want everything to match, our 15-150 is a housing that is meant for just one coil spring.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)