SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

coil balances for Cavco vinyl tilt windows

A home owner from philadelphia,pa says:
I have Cavco vinyl tilt windows (installed 2008) and both of their window coil tapes broke. I removed the coil, supports and shoes, and the only numbers I see stamped are patent numbers on the coil support.

The coil has a # 8 on it and is 1/2" wide. Your Series 160 matches but is not listed on your website for an 8 lb. (7.5 & 9.5 are the ones that are listed).

My single support for the coil matches your 15-150S for all the measurements except the height. My height is 1-3/4" while yours is listed as 1-3/16". Would the pivot lock shoe 15-191 or 15-111?

Thank you.
A customer submitted photo of a window coil balance and pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter.

I would use the following items to replicate this system: our 15-150 1/2" Coil Standard Support, our 15-111 1/2" Pivot Shoe, and our S160-7 spring. This spring is for 7.5 lbs, but I believe that it will still work for you. You may also want to look at our 15-150S Single Support.
A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
I ordered (2) product code 15-150S ( 1/2" single supports ) with some other repair parts for my tilt Cavco window on 06/17/2012. I choose the 15-150S 1/2" supports because i viewed Swiscos picture of it & it looks like an exact match to mine, except i believe there is a typographical error of it being listed on Swiscos showing a height of only 1 3/16" and should actually have a height being 1 13/16" which would more likely match my Cavco window supports height size of 1 3/4" i want to replace.

I was gone to choose the 15-150 1/2" coil standard support because of that height of 1 15/16" is or very close to height of my original but the picture of that does not closely resemble my old part. So is that size listed like i mentioned above of 1 3/16" should be 1 13/16" for the 15-150 single support ? Thank You, Joseph
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)