SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

coil spring for pneumatic stapler

A professional from Gray,Maine 04039 says:
I am having dificulty obtaining a "feeder/roller/ribbon/constant force spring" used on an industrial(hitachi) pneumatic stapler. Your Series 180 3# spring appears to be very similar the force level and width are good. My questions are 1, what is the diameter of the spring at rest? 2,how long is the spring when extended? 3,and is there any place near Gray,Maine that I can purchase one or two?? Thank you! Carl
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The coil balance springs available on SWISCO's Web site are made only for windows. SWISCO cannot recommend any other use of these sash support window springs. These window springs are available for purchase directly on this Web site and you can order a quantity as small as one.
A quick learner says:
Paul, Thanks for the timley reply I wasn't looking for a recomendation,just the two dimensions to make a decison from. Thank you, Carl
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The length of the spring is 40 inches. The diameter dimensions can be seen in the included image in this post. The outside diameter is 1-1/16" and the inside diameter is 3/4"
image of the diameter dimensions of S180-3
A professional from ME says:
OK Paul, Thanks again,for your time and information. However it is too large for my application,I was hoping for something about 13/16" OD with a 5/8"ID and a length of about 24". Have a great day,Carl
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)