cole sewell strom door handle and lock assembly

A quick learner from Rochester says:
I have a Cole Sewell storm door and need the whole lock and handle assembly brass or white. It is a Estate Series model door, number ES 496256.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I am afraid I was not able to cross reference that number. Could you send us a photo of the part in question?
A quick learner says:
This is a picture of the lock assembly.
cole sewell strom door handle and lock assembly
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
How about taking a look at our 40-049 mortise lock set. We believe this handle set could work on your door. It has a little different key cylinder, but you should still be able to adapt it to your door. Please also review the related video for any additional information you should need.
A home owner from ROCHESTER says:
Mike, I received the lock assembly and tried to install it. The assembly is not compatible. Please measure the photo I sent you. The face plates are narrow by 1/4 inch and the screw holes are also off by 1/8 inch. I sent you the door model number. It is so close to fitting. Please Help
Joe
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that Cole Sewell is no longer in business, so you won't be able to find an exact replacement for your old hardware. The 40-049 is the closest possible match still available on the market. I know it is not an exact fit, but with some adapting it should work for you as a replacement. I am sorry we cannot offer anything closer.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.