SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

correct balance for window

A quick learner from florida says:
Trying to make sure which balance I need for my window. It looks like the 15-105 shoe, and the 26-109 pivot bar match what I have. The series 765 and 770 balances seems close, but not quite. It appears the top and bottom are opposite on mine? The picture shows what is left of my balance. The spring is disconnected, but the pulley on the one in my picture are on the bottom of the bar. Thanks, Tom.
Aft er so e research it might be a 62 series. It is 29" long, 5/8 depth, and 9/16 width. Stamped with "2840 J" on the metal channel.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you have. Is there any way I can see a few pictures of the balance in question? That will help us confirm exactly what SWISCO Series you need.
Must have not attached the picture correctly last time. I'll try again.
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, thank you! We can make this balance, but it will have to be custom made. Before we can begin, can you please confirm the weight of the window sash? That will help us confirm that your spring strength is correct.
A home owner says:
The stamp on the balance Channel is "2840 J". Do you need anything other than this?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, we will need the weight of the sash. These balances aren't actually made anymore. We use a particular substitute that has some variation in how the spring strength is calibrated. In order to make sure we get you the best fit for your window, we need to confirm how heavy the sash is. Thanks!
A home owner says:
22 pounds.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thank you. The new stamp would be 2830. Two 29" long balances with this number can carry a window sash weight of 17 through 24 pounds. If that sounds good for you, all I need to know now is how many you want and I can send you a quote and order link.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)