correct channel balance length

A home owner from Denver, CO says:
I don't have a camera to send pictures, but I've measured and re-measured balances, attachments, and windows. I'm fairly confident that I can go with the Non-Tilt Series 351 (1/2 wide) as the top attachment 19-002, and the shoe attachment 15-002 (1x1) match exactly with the measurements on your site.

-The channel balances recently replaced by a window repair co. measure 29 inches (metal only) stamp is 2830.

-The channel balances I'm planning to replace now measure 30 inches (metal only) with a 2930 stamp.

Question:

Would you suggest I go with 28 inch (your 351-28 option 2740), or 29 inch (your 351-29 option 2830) if the glass in all my windows is 27 1/8 inches tall (frame 30-1/2"), and the sash weighs 20 to 22 lbs?

Thanks,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! If the sash opened and closed properly with the balance used by the repairman, then I think you should stick with that.
Thanks for the info. I know nothing about windows, but this couldn't be easier. So, I'll ask another question before I order.

I have top sash guides that look like your 18-061. The exception is mine has a 3/16 inch hole placement (versus the 1/4 inch). All other measurements are the same.

Do you have one with the 3/16 hole placement? If not, maybe I'll order a couple of the 18-009 and see if they will work.

Rachel
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe we have the 18-061 in any other sizes. Are you sure the distance on yours isn't 1/4"? Make sure to measure from the center of the hole, not its edges.
Nope, I can't get 1/4" winthout measuring from the top of the guide (your image shows it measured from the bottom.

I placed my order this morning. I'm going to try to salvage my sash guides. I included one only of this guide just to check it out.

Thanks for all your help,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Let us know how it works out! I'm sure this information will help other customers in the future. If not, perhaps you should take a few pictures of your old top sash guide and upload it here for us to see. Maybe then we can help you find a replacement.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.