SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Correct screws to use for 32-036 rear drawer guide

A quick learner from Overland Park, KS says:
I have drawers from a Pennsylvania House night stand that have a 7/16" thick piece of wood on the back of the drawer. The drawer guides were stapled in originally and there are no holes for screws. Does the 32-036 have spaces for screws to attach it? If so, what size screws should I order from you?

Thanks!
Loretta
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
It is recommended that you reuse the old screws from your original drawer guide.

Many different furniture makers used the 32-036 drawer guide and they all had their own way of fastening the 32-036 so it is impossible to recommend a specific screw for your furniture.
A quick learner from Overland Park, KS says:
Mike,
I mentioned in my last email that the drawer guides were "stapled" in originally. There are no "old screws" from the original drawer guide. I'm trying to replace these "original" drawer guides with the Swissco 32-036. Do I need to buy a special staple gun to attach the new guides or are there holes in the drawer guides that I can put screws through? The thickness of the wood on the back of the drawer is 7/16" thick. Wouldn't that measurement help in sorting out what size of screw to use/order?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Loretta, you would need a commercial stapler with a lot of power to fasten the guide to the drawer.

You could also use a #6 X 3/8" long screw (#33-071) or maybe a little longer if the drawer is thick enough and the screw wont come out of the other end.

I would drill a hole in the nylon guide to accept the screw. Drill a 9/64" hole, that should be large enough for the screw to pass through the nylon guide.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)