curved shower door sweep

A quick learner from Vermont says:
I have a glass shower door (5/16 thick) that has a slight curve at each end (roughly a 6" radius or more). I am looking for a door sweep that is flexible enough to make the curve. I would be most grateful for any suggestions you might have. -- Thank you!!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We carry many different sweeps but I'm not sure what to recommend. Is there any way you can show us some pictures of what you're referencing? I would like to see where it curves, and I would also like to see a sample of the sweep removed from the door from an angle that clearly shows the end. Thanks!
A handy person from Colchester, VT says:
Attached are two pictures showing the curve and also showing what I have done as a temporary fix (which may have to be permanent if no other solutions exist). What I did was take the seal that was made for a straight section and I used a hack saw to cut slits in the hard plastic (leaving the flexible seal as is) every 3/16 inch or so ...that way the part that grabs the base of the glass is flexible.
Hoping somebody may have a piece that is flexible on the part that attaches to the glass all the way across - seems to be common and available in Europe - but not in US. Thanks
User submitted photos of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid we have not been able to find a match for this seal, at least nothing with that exact bend. The seal itself looks like our 10-335 or 10-336, but as you said, you had to modify it to get it to work. This may be the only solution we have at this time, I'm afraid. Shower door seals are tricky to replace. Manufacturers make a certain seal for only a brief time before discontinuing it. Sometimes we can dig something up, but your shower door is very unique.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.