SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

custom Sprial Balance

A quick learner from Austin says:
A have several windows that have 29" long spiral balances with 3/8" tubes and they have your Sash Carrier Bracket 15-073 attached with the rivet being in the second hole on the spiral tube (furthest away from the end - closest to spiral). It's very hard to judge the color but it seems closer to red than white. I'm not seeing an easy way to get the window out but if I place a scale on the sash and let the window rest on it (tried different angles with same result) the scale measures 15lbs as the weight of the window - obviously no balances attached.

I'm wondering if you could provide this and what the cost would be and how soon it would ship. I'd like to start with 20 so I can fix 10 windows to start.

Will also need a Spiral Balance Charging Too and recommendations for how many revolutions to charge the spiral balance before clipping back to the window.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we can do this. Sounds like you want a special S306-29 with a 15-073 attached. This would be a custom order, but it's fairly common and shouldn't be a hassle at all. For your estimated sash weight, I think the Red Tip would be good so we'll go with that.

I will email you a custom order link for 20 of these balances, which you will receive shortly. It will include a price quote. This will allow you to add this custom product to your cart, as if it were a normal part. That will let you continue shop or checkout as usual.

As for charging the balance, see our guide below on how to install non-tilt spiral balances. This should help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)