different dimensions to handle needed

A quick learner from Salinas, CA says:
The dimensions of the sliding door handle I need to replace seem a bit hard to find. I can attach pictures. How critical are the dimensions? I want it to work.

The box part of my handle is 1"x1" . Most of the ones I find online appear to be 1"x3/4" or 1"x5/8".

I have not found 1x1. I get the distance between the screws as 4 15/16", and the handle is 7 1/4" long. The distance of the handle out from the surface of the sliding door is 2 1/4".

Your item 82 005 does not appear to be the correct dimensions. Do you have a handle with the dimensions I need?

Roseanne
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The lock manufacturer has changed the profile of this part, likely in an effort to save on material. Our 82-005 hole spacing and length matches your lock, which are the two critical dimensions, but not the 1" x 1" box or the distance from the door. If you want to keep the old handle and just replace the internal lock, see if our 82-225 matches yours. Otherwise, you may not be able to find an exact match for your old handle.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.