SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

dimensions just a little off

A quick learner from Colorado Springs CO says:
The 58-053 bubble seal looks like what is (currently disintegrating) in my windows except that the dimensions are just a little off. The bulb on mine seem to be 1/4" rather than 5/16" and the base height is skosh over 3/16" rather than a 1/4". Do the differences matter? Is 58-053 still the right replacement? (Also: I'm a little confused by the "quantity" in the pricing - is 1 unit a single 25' increment?)
And one more question: is it hard to extract and reinsert the replacement bubbleseal for this?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 5/16" height should matter. The bubble is very soft and should compress to meet your sash. As for replacement, this type weather stripping should just pull out of the sash groove and the new seal should just push right back in.

You are correct, one unit is 25'.
A quick learner from colorado springs co says:
Thanks for the reply, Dave --

For clarification, I want to make sure I understand your statement "I don't believe the 5/16" height should matter."

The 5/16" measurement in my message is the bulb diameter of the 58-053, not the base height. My bulb diameter appears to be 1/4" - a bit smaller.

The base height of the 58-053 is 1/4" and the base height of my sample appears to be just over 3/16".

I agree that the slight variations probably don't matter, but I just want to confirm that this is the case before I order anything.

Thanks - Bill

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I know your bulb is smaller. Like I said, it's made from soft material and should compress.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)