Replacement ALCAN Window Parts

A handy person from SW Florida says:
I have some older ALCAN windows that I think are called sash style. The top window is stationary & the bottom window slides up over the top. Most of the locks need to be replaced. The look very similar to your 90-180 but brown with 2 1/4 hole spacing. The keeper mounts a little different than your 90-183 instead of screwing down on top of the frame they screw into the face of the frame. I will try to include a picture. I might have a couple the would use 90-183 in brown. Also many of the springs are broke making the window too heavy to lift.

Can you help?

Thank you
Roger
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash lock
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

As long as the sweep latch and hole spacing of your part match the 90-180 shown below, I agree that it would be our best replacement option.

Dimensions for 90-180
Dimensions for 90-180

As for the keeper, I suspect that you have a face-mounted keeper that installs differently from the 90-183 commonly used with this lock. We may be able to supply something that would work but we would need to see the entire keeper and confirm the hole spacing to compare to our inventory. 

We would also need to see photos of an undamaged support balance uninstalled to compare to our inventory. Make sure to include both ends, as well as any numbers stamped on the assembly. See the videos related on this page to assist you depending on the type of hardware that you window uses. 

A handy person from SW Florida says:
Thank you. Is the 90-180 available in black or brown?

I attached a pic of the keeper. I do not see screws.

I will look for a video on how to get at the balance or remove the window sash.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Face mounted keeper
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

In some cases, you can unlock the top sash and let it drop down while raising the bottom sash at the same to to access the rest of the keeper. This should expose the screws holding this keeper in. Try that and let me know if it works!

If you can send us a photo of this keeper out of the window, as well as write out the distance between the two screw holes center-to-center, we will be happy to confirm if we carry a match. Unfortunately, we can't make out the exact dimensions from photos, which is why we need you to write them out. In the meantime, you can see our entire selection here. The 90-110 may be a good place to start depending on how the dimensions compare to yours. 

Alternate image for 90-110
Alternate image for 90-110

Please note that, unfortunately, the 90-180 is only available in white. As for your balances, see the videos related on this page to help you through the replacement process.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.