need replacement rollers for screen

A home owner from Pepper Pike Ohio says:
Windsor sliding screen for Windsor 2 panel slider

We got the handle from you in 2017 - it was part 84-223. Worked great.

Now the screen is difficult to roll.

Thanks

Lisa

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Lisa. There could be a few reasons why your door is having trouble rolling. Before you buy anything, I recommend cleaning and lubricating your track (you can use a wax stick like our 75-077 to do this). If you're lucky then the only thing holding your door up was some dirt and debris, which is an easy fix.

While you're down there, check the track for any signs of obvious damage. Look for any dents, dips, or even cracks that could be hanging up operation.

If your door still has trouble opening after that, then odds are the rollers need to be replaced. We can see if any of our parts will work, but I need to see photos of your original roller to be sure of my recommendation. In the meantime, you can see if our 84-074 is a match. This is no guarantee but it is commonly purchased with the 84-223.

Otherwise, the only way to know what roller your door needs is to use the original as a reference. Please let me know if that would be possible.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.