12ft slider need parts

A quick learner from Decatur Illinois says:

My name is Jennifer. If it would be best to call me so I can make it short that would be best? I purchased my house a year ago, my neighbor has the same slider and it is from Pelllgem great lakes, but I do not know the make or model and the homeowner did not transfer the warranty. There is no sticker make or model number on it anywhere. It is not opening or shutting properly. The wheels have come out, a bunch of little plastic pieces, so I am wanting to start with if I can find a universal heavy duty wheel replacements for this 4 foot wide door. As well as some other parts for it? If you could help me with that that would be fantastic and if you could help me with this as soon as possible, please and thank you.:), sincerely, Jennifer 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7725.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7729.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7728.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7721.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7418.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Jennifer.

Thanks for reaching out to us. The roller shown here is no longer available but we can still help. I recommend you have a look at the 81-279 which customers have used to replace this old roller. Note, the adjustment screw sits a bit higher than on your old roller but the wheel rides better than the noisy treads. 

We'd be happy to help with the other parts you're looking to replace but we will need to see photos of them. I may need more photos and information after that, but I have to know what to ask for first. Just something to keep in mind!

Our department isn't able to call you, unfortunately. We can only respond right here on this page. I hope that's okay.

A home owner from Decatur Illinois says:

Responding to my previous email. I'm going to go ahead and order the 81?279 rollers for this 4 foot wide sliding door. I'm just confirming that you think these rollers will be sturdy enough for a 4 foot door. They originally had the centipede rollers that you confirmed they no longer make. I would also like to get a more updated handle and lock. I am attaching a photo and it is 7 inches long and from screw to screw it measures 6 7/8 that's to the center of the scrw. I am re-confirming that this door was installed around 2001 and is a triple door. The center door is the only moving part which is 4 foot wide.

I would like to order ASAP and get shipped as quick as possible also. Please let me know. If you could email? 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7964.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7965.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7728.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7729.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7418.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Yes, we do believe the 81-279 roller will replace your old one as customers in the past with the same roller reported that it worked well for them. As for the handle, I'm afraid we don't sell a match for it. The best option in our inventory would be the 82-005 but this measures 4-15/16" on the installation hole centers so drilling new holes will be necessary. Just take great care so as to not hit the glass. You will also need to make sure there's enough room to install the 82-005 keeper to the door jamb.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.