2 Window Balances needed (one left one right)

A handy person from wisconsin says:
house built 1940, wood window lower sash balances missing. I have attached photos of its identical twin in my house (the other front dormer window). When closed, 20" of the balance metal guard or sleeve is exposed. The lower sash is 22" high. For the window I am going to fix, someone in the past removed both balances, there is just blank space.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230920_191223874.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230920_191237717 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230920_191219153.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230920_191233556.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with the replacement balances needed for your window, however, I'll need a bit more information to determine the correct recommendation. You will need to remove the balances from the window so that we can confirm the details to see what balances you need for the window with the missing hardware.

Take a look at the video below for the details we'll need to identify the balances needed for your window.

A handy person from wisconsin says:

If I send what you need, how long will it take for you to ship them to me if I order right away?

there is no color, but here is what I measured:

length of tube: 21 1/4"

diameter of tube: 5/8"

weight of sash: Approximately 14 lbs.

Lastly, if you look closely at the photo I took of the bottom of the sash, that hardware is missing for the window I am trying to fix. (the photo I took is from a 'twin' window in the house with the same measurements, etc, that DOES have the balance.

Thanks

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! So long as the windows are exactly the same, we can use the existing balance to identify your replacement balances. However, if they are different, I'll need to know a bit more information about the windows.

Assuming they are truly identical, you'll need the S500-30 spiral balance with a red tip for your 14lbs sash. The bracket at the bottom of the sash looks like it could be the 17-012 Bracket, #32. To confirm that this is the right fit for the window, carefully compare the dimensions below.

Dimensions for 17-012
Dimensions for 17-012

Additional dimensions for 17-012
Additional dimensions for 17-012

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.