20121 closet glide

A home owner from Ontario says:
Hi, I am looking to fix a derailed OS 20121 glide. Only the bottom part has been derailed. Would you please guide me.
Many thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo_2023-12-03_18-50-43.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your bottom guide resembles the 23-215 shown below. Take a look and compare the dimensions to confirm it's a match. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate view of 23-215
Alternate view of 23-215

Yes, it is similar to this. So the white plastic part on the bottom is derailed. I was wondering how to fix it? Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

If you mean that the guide is slipping out of the bottom track, the height may need to be adjusted. I would also recommend checking the guide and track for any damage that may be allowing it to slip out of the track rail as the doors are opened and closed. I can't be sure of what is causing the problem but this would be a good place to start. 

Thanks it has slipping out . Would you please advise how to put it back?
Profile picture of Casey

If you just need to reinstall the guide in the track, you would need to hold the door at an angle while inserting the nylon portion of the guide into the groove in the track before raising the door into place to attach to roller to the top track. 

A quick learner from ON says:
I have a 20-121 which is identical to the 23-215 above. I purchased the replacement part and am now trying to figure out how to remove the broken one from the door and install the new one. How is it attached to the door? It seems to be a clever mix of tabs and clips but I don't want to force anything. Can it be pried off or is there hidden screw I can't see?

Also if it was easy to just remove the nylon bushing, that would simplify things too, but it seems pretty securely fastened by a riveted peg. I fear I'd break it if I pry too hard.

thanks
A quick learner from ON says:
Hello again. I figured out how to remove the old one. A little gentle prying. I installed the new one and for security, I added as screw.

thanks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.