Screw for 26-175 Pivot Bars

A quick learner from Lancaster County, PA says:

I see you state in your add that you do not include the hardware is there anyway that you can include the hardware? I already bought a set in July 2020 and installed them on the one window but need another set and lost some of the screws. Please let me know before I order another set.

Thank-you

Cindy

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Cindy. Sorry to hear about the fastener issue. The reason the 26-175 doesn't come with screws is because it works on many different sized windows, and all of them use different sized screws. It just isn't possible to have the 26-175 come with every single compatible screw. At that point, you'd basically be getting a box of screws of varying sizes and you'd be back at square one.

Do you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that uses the same hardware? If so, you can remove one of those screws and take it in to a hardware store for them to match up. Now, one common screw for this pivot bar is a #6 x 5/8" flat head, like our 33-088, but this is just an educated guess. There is a good chance you need a #6 sized screw, but I just can't know the length.

SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.