3/4 Deep Keeper, 89-007 too shallow

A home owner from NH says:
Bought an old house, restoring the sliding doors. Replaced all door handles with 82-055 which worked great, except that the included catches are too shallow. Some of the doors have old (original) keepers that are 3/4in deep. Those work perfectly with 82-055. The other doors without a keeper do not work with 89-007 since the catching part is too shallow. Looking for a deeper version of 89-007.

Photos show old deep keeper next to newer shallow one.

Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7262.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7263.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. This took some digging, but I think I finally found something that may work. Please give us a little more time to confirm it's availability and I'll let you know the moment we have more information.

Profile picture of Tom

I have good news! We were able to find a replacement keeper that I think will work as a replacement. It has a projection of 7/8". We're going to work on adding it to our inventory now and I'll let you know as soon as it becomes available.

Wow, you guys are true detectives. Thank you. I'll take a bunch as soon as they come in.

I spent hours online and couldn't find a thing. Amazing.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! I won't lie, this one had us scratching our heads for a while, as well. We wouldn't have been able to do it without my colleague Dave, who has seen just about everything there is to see on a patio glass door.

Thank you very much for considering us for your business and please bear with us just a little longer. We'll get back to you the very moment this is in our catalog.

Profile picture of Tom

Alright, we finally got it in! Please see our new 89-009 keeper. I think you'll find this matches up to your original quite well.

Y'all the best. Thank you. Ordered. No idea how you did it.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you so much for ordering with us! We appreciate it. We're happy to help, of course. It's just a matter of putting our heads together and figuring out who remembers what.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.