34 year old balances. Springs and string long gone.

A handy person from La Mirada CA says:
I have single hung windows. 28 inch long balances, half inch wide. Stamped 2 7 3 0 (backward C) BSI. There have never been take out clips. See photos of window frame. It appears mine operates a little different from your video I watched. I need this black piece also that attaches to the top corner of the window. One side is broken off. I will also need some take out clips that I can use to put into the two small slots so I can remove the good windows for cleaning and or further inspection. The only reason these came out is I yanked the spring and cord out long ago when the windows got jammed up. The string was getting tangled in the channel. I looked at the post from John from Aliso Viejo from January that my balances look identical. I too am selling my house and I want to repair these windows. 3 out of 8 need replacement balances. Can you help?!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channel balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed top sash guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2730 stamped channel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0206AC42-66B7-4B07-BAB1-F0791B454134.jpeg
A handy person from La Mirada CA says:

Hi. I was able to remedy the side clip issue to remove a working window by putting a machine screw in the side clip hole to prevent the balances from going to the top. It worked! I was then able to remove the working balances that had the spring and string pulley system intact so you could see the type of balance I have. 

So the black piece I mentioned in the prior post I have learned this is called a top sash guide. I unscrewed a good one so you can see what I have. It's in the photo along with the photos of the spring and string internal workings, also showing the clasp that hooks into the side of the sash. 

I also have a couple other photos added that show a good balance still attached via the hook into the side of the sash. I hope this additional info helps. I think to make an impact I should replace all balances in my windows. After all they are 34 years old. I would probably want to order a set of removable take out clips so I don't have to use the screws to hold the balance. 

And I would need 4 top sash guides just to make sure I have more broken ones. And I would order 16 balances for all my windows. Can you provide the SKU or item number so I can order the appropriate items. Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged bottom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged bottom top sash guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side of shoe and top sash guide
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! Your balance appears to match the S350-28 with the 2730 stamp option. It's hard to say for the top sash guide without dimensions but you can start by taking a look at the 18-009. Review the specifications and see if they match what you're searching for.

For new take out clips, see the 16-002

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.