380 vs. 385 series

A handy person from CO says:
Hello,

I am looking to order at least 8 balance bars, and using your handy photos I think I have it narrowed down to either the 380 or 385 series. I understand the "shoe depth measurement" of 1.00" vs. 1-3/32", but I'm not sure how it should be measured (maybe add a photo somewhere easy to locate on the page). I guess the 1-1/32" I measure is closer to the 15-005 (1" bottom shoe), but wanted to get your opinion.

Please advise so I can purchase the right balance bar. Thanks!

-Matt F.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0470.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0469.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0467.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0466.jpg
Also the bars I am replacing have an engraved (not laser printed) "1420" on the side.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8727.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that with this combination of attachments, you could have either the S380-15 or S385-15 channel balance. You’ll need to measure the depth as shown below. If you're sure that your shoe measures more than 1" deep, it is possible that you could have the S385 but the shoe has worn down a bit from rubbing against the window jamb over time.

You'll also need 1420 spring strength options for your replacement balances. Thank you and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Casey,

Thanks for the response. I just re-measured and it's more than 1" but less than 1-3/32" so I went with the 385 series of the 1420. Thanks again!

-Matt
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, just let us know if you have any other questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.