4 Peach Tree Windows with G2890 Type AE Sashes

A quick learner from Kingsport, TN says:

I have 4 double hung Peachtree windows from 1990 that need new balance spring assemblies. The sashes, both top and bottom, are labeled G2890 Type AE.

The balance assemblies measure 26 1/4 inches long, and each sash weighs approximately 15.4 pounds.

I have included pictures of installed assemblies, plus both sides of the assemblies after removal.

Can you help me with replacements for these units?

Thank you,

Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220929_154337.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220929_154450.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220930_120659.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220930_120738.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jim! Thanks for reaching out to us. It's tough to make out your balance design from these photos but I think you might have a match for our S745-26. Look it over and let me know what you think!

It looks like the S745-26 might work, except that I can't tell from your picture if there is a hole in either end from front to back. From what I can see, it looks like these units are meant to mount with a pin going through the balance unit from side to side.

What other pictures could I provide that would allow you to make a better judgment on whether these units would work on my windows? I can give you magnification on either end, or anything else that might help. I did find a stamp that I had not seen before. The back of each unit is stamped with 3060 1 EJ. I would be willing to drill a hole on each end to mount the unit if one is not provided, and if there is room to drill the holes.
Profile picture of Tom

There is in fact a hole on the face of the S745-26 balance, right at the top, that's used for installation. Reviewing our product photos I see now that it's not actually visible, so we've added a new picture that will hopefully make that more clear. Sorry for the confusion!

Based on this detail, does that verify the Series 745 for use with your window?

Top view of S745
Top view of S745

Is there one on the other end also (the end that has the pulley and terminal plug)? If there is, I think we're good to go.

Thank you,

Jim

Profile picture of Tom

Yes, there is! As far as I know, this Peachtree balance was only ever made one way. I don't believe they designed alternative configurations.

Thank you, I will submit an order within the next couple of days.
I purchased and installed your balance assemblies on 6 other windows recently, and was very happy with your product. I am grateful that you are supplying parts for these obsolete windows.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, we really appreciate your business! Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance for this or any other project.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.