6868 Renaissance patio door

A home owner from Brooklyn Michigan says:
The only number I can find is on my shipper from the lumberyard.
Can you help me?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4A5E1595-A678-435A-9CCF-B48444250DDE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5ED31EFF-E8A7-4D5B-9AE7-74AB747D08DF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F8343FD-87C0-41A1-9368-5230B2CF178C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1B7F0126-ADC8-4D6C-AE8C-A8D5CD0F4836.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid we don't have an exact replacement for this roller. Since it's probably over two decades old it's likely no longer available. The good news however is that we have a possible alternative. We think the 81-279 might work as a substitute, though it will take a little extra work. 

Now, I believe your old roller slides out of the end of the bottom rail, and no screws or clips hold it in place. Is that correct? Since none of our typical rollers work this way, you'll have to find a way to adapt the 81-279 to your door. This could be done possibly in two different ways. The first possibility is to remove the bottom rail completely from the door so that you could drill and counter sink the head of a flat head screw like the 33-013 so that it would not interfere with the glass. This would then let you install the roller. The second option, which worked for a customer with your exact same roller, is to cut a small piece of metal out of an angle bracket and screw it to the front of the roller. This could give the roller a small 'lip' to hold it in place just like your original. Let us know if you think either option could potentially work for you. 

Yes that is correct. Yes I would like to give it a try. Do you have a pic of the 81-279 and price?
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, you can see detailed photos and a price breakdown on the 81-279 store page (linked above). I'll also post that same diagram below for you to review.

Alternate image for 81-279
Alternate image for 81-279

Thank you I will give them a try.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks! We appreciate the business, it means a lot. Please feel free to reach out if you had any questions and I'd be happy to advise.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.