Acorn window leak, missing part?

A quick learner from Ny says:
Hello,

I have old acorn windows and during storms the whole track fills with water as seen in the images.. This is just the remainder 2 days after soaking the rest out. When the whole cancel was filled. Curious how to prevent this from happening and if I'm missing a necessary part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I believe the drainage holes are clogged under the track based on your description. When you can, remove both sashes and pull up the track. There should be holes leading to the outside, which you'll need to clean to remove any debris settling in the bottom channel in order to open up the holes. Thanks for posting and let us know if you have any other questions. 

A quick learner from Ny says:
Thanks, makes alot of sense. Sounds like no way to clean it out without disassembly?

I'm in a high rise so removing a sash coukd be a challenge!
Profile picture of Paul

Being in a high rise, I'd suggest contacting your maintenance department to see if they can locate a company to safely work on your windows.

A quick learner says:
Is there a manual you could share with the details of assembly? Or are there holes where we could spray compressed air from the track down? Unfortunately removing the windows and the track are likely not possible with this buildings management.
Profile picture of Paul

We appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, our old Acorn catalogs do not show detailed drawings of your particular window. Since we do not have one on hand to evaluate, we won't be able to provide precise instructions on the best way to clean the drainage holes. If you have trouble cleaning out the opening, you may want to enlist the help of a local professional with experience working on this type of window. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.