Adding a key lock to my 5800 series patio door

A quick learner from East Brunswick NJ says:

Hello. I have a 5800 series patio order that did not have a locking mechanism. I wanted to add a keyed lock. What do I need to order? Pictures are attached. Thanks in advance.

Tito  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0617.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0618.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Tito. Is the hole spacing, or the distance between the center of each mounting hole on the handle set, 3-15/16"? Please confirm. While technically a key lock cylinder like our 82-310 would work with your door's mortise lock, your outside pull really isn't designed to hold it. Nor, I'm afraid, is there an outside pull to purchase on its own that would work here. Honestly the easiest thing to do is to replace the entire handle set with one that already has a key lock built in. Please confirm whether or not the thumb lever on your inside pull is perfectly centered between the mounting holes, or if it is closer to the bottom screw hole. It's a bit tough to say for sure in the photo. If it's perfectly centered, use our 82-030A handle set; but if it is offset towards the bottom, go for the 82-030B. Let me know if you have any questions. 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.