Alliance window sash replacement parts

A handy person from Madison, WI says:
I need three parts total. The left coil spring is broke took picture of right intacted. The I need the two spring loaded parts on top of the sash that you retract to pull the top of the tip out. The left and right side are both broke. This is the inside sash on the bottom. Client believes about 20 years old.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Alliance Sweep Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Support
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Spring Cover
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Tilt Latch
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a good chance we can supply you with the coil balance springs you need for these repairs but I'll need to see photo of the compatible pivot shoe to confirm the right replacement. 

You'll also need to remove the spring from the window to look for any stamps/markings that might indicate the spring strength needed to support the sash. If there are none, I'll need to know the exact weight of the sash, down to the ounce.

The tilt window latch you have pictured here could possibly be replaced with our 26-243 and 26-244 Tilt Window Latches. To confirm that these are the right fit for the sash, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. If they are not a match, I am happy to look for a more accurate replacement, I'll just need to know the dimensions of an undamaged latch, written out.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

Thanks for this information. I have spring break coming up with family so not certain I'll get back to this in the next week. Is there a video on how to remove the tilt window latches so I can confirm the measurements?

Sure! Take a look at the video tutorial tagged below this thread, we give a detailed explanation and demonstration on how to complete the repairs. I've also included videos for how to remove the coil balance assemblies.

Enjoy your spring break with your family!

I was able to make it back to my clients today. The window tilt latches disintegrated on me. You measurements look good on what I can actually measure or identify. Does have a Patent number on back. Should be able to see in picture.

The coil system has no numbers on it. I took more pictures. I'll have to weigh the sash but wasn't prepared to do that.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Tilt Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5,139,291
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Spring

Thanks for the photos. Based on the dimensions you've confirmed, I do believe the 26-243 and 26-244 would be the right replacement but, ultimately, you'll need to confirm the dimensions to determine if it would be the right fit for the sash. There are a few different tilt latches that come up in our database.

The you have pictured here resembles our 15-177 Coil Balance Shoe. This shoe is compatible with the Series 152 Coil Balance. Once you've obtained the sash weight, you'll need to divide that number by the total number of coils in the window; this will give your the spring strength need for the assemblies to support the weight of the sash. For example, if the sash weighs 16lbs, you would need to select the 8lb coil from the list of Series 152 Coil Balances.

The 33-072 is used to secure the coil balance to the shoe. You may also need the 15-143 Coil Bushing, the 15-144 Coil Bushing Cap, and the 15-145 Coil Support Barrel if you cannot reuse your existing cover.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.