Aluminum window parts

A home owner from Orlando, Florida says:
Hi there, I'm in Orlando, Florida. I have single hung windows. Some windows won't stay up. The balances need replacing. I see the number 28 B stamped on it. These aluminum frame windows are original to the house which was built in 2005. I am looking to replace the balances. Also the plastic that is decorative all around the frame enclosing the glass is old and broken, cracked. Do you sell these?

Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3393.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3388.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3389.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3384.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3387.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with replacements for the balances you are searching for but I'll need a bit more information to confirm. To start, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window. 

I am looking to see a photo of both the top and bottom attachments. The bottom attachment, I'll need to see from the side of the balance where the spring is exposed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Jasmine,

The metal part of the channel measures 29". Both channels are broken. Hoping the photos can help.

I also need the plastic items on both the top and bottom of the sides of the window which are damaged.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3400.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3397.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3396.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3405.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3402.jpeg

Thanks for writing in! Your balance looks like it could be the S380-29 with a 1" shoe but there is a chance that the shoe could measure 7/8", in which case, this would need to be a custom order balance. Keep in mind, there is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance.

To confirm, you'll need to measurement the depth of the bottom shoe. 

If you have the 1" shoe, you'll need to select the 2840 stamp for a 23 to 28lb window. If you have the 7/8" shoe, please let me know.

Close up view of the S380 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S380 balance shoe.

The plastic items on the sides of the top of the window is the top sash guide. Your appears to be part 18-180. Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing top sash guide to confirm. I am confident this is the top sash guide you'll need.

I'm afraid we do not carry a replacement for the plastic piece on the bottom.

Detail of 18-180
Detail of 18-180

Side view of 18-180
Side view of 18-180

I was also able to look over your initial request and saw that you were inquiring about the strip around the window. I believe you may be referring to what we call glazing bead. If you are still interested in replacing it, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged piece removed from the window. I'll need to see the end provide of the piece to see the shape of it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Jasmine!

Thank you for the information.

Regarding the glazing bead, I am attaching photos. It is .5"x.5". It goes around window pane. It's made of plastic.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg

Your glazing bead reminds me our our 55-191, which is cut at a 3' length (the 6' option is part 55-191-6). Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing hardware to determine if either of these if this is the right fit for your window.

Profile view of 55-191
Profile view of 55-191

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.