Andersen Window Turn Crank

A home owner from Charleston, SC says:
My daughter just purchased a renovated home that has all Anderson windows. One of the kitchen casement windows has a crank that has the top turn crank stripped, therefore it won't crank open the window. The window, once the latch is pushed up, can be opened by pushing the window out manually. I would like to purchase another crank if possible. Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5502.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5501.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5500.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a chance that we may be able to supply you with a replacement for the operator you have, however I'll need a bit more information to confirm.

To start, I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator. I'll especially need to see a photo of the arm(s) of the operator and how the operator attaches to the bottom of the window as well as the body of the operator.

Once we have an idea on what you have, we'll be able to determine if there is a suitable replacement we can offer.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Please let me know if this is what you need. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4016.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4017.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4018.jpeg

I'm sorry to say that this will not help to identify the operator you have. I'll need to see a photo of the entire crank mechanism. I am requesting to see a photo of the arm(s) of the operator and how the operator attaches to the bottom of the window as well as the body of the operator.

You will need to get the window opens to get photos of the hardware.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I hope this is what you need. Please advise. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagevDMK62.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagewj7jSD.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage561EnA.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageklmfiY.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageDrm8HL.gif

Your crank operator looks like it could be our 39-264, however, you will need to remove the operator and compare the design and dimensions to confirm. Since the operator is still installed to the window and the framing obstructs the view of it, it is difficult to confirm with certainty.

Take a look at the diagram below and carefully compare our Andersen Split Arm Crank to your existing hardware. See what you think.

Dimensions for 39-264
Dimensions for 39-264

When I measured the split arm crank, the 3 13/16" and the 4 1/4" measurements are identical. The 3 11/16" and 2 4/8" measurements are not identical on the body of the crank, they are larger than what we have.
Please advise.

Thanks for confirming. This operator is a more modern Andersen operator and it is a slightly different design from the older models. The Andersen Adapter Plate, part 39-362 will allow you to use this operator. It fits under the 39-264 and allows it to mount using the existing holes.

Alternate image for 39-362
Alternate image for 39-362

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.