Anderson Slider Handle Broke - full replacement

A handy person from NJ says:
Hi....handle metal broke and would like to replace the whole thing. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2266 conv.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2267 conv.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2268 conv.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2265.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your handle set looks a lot like our 82-087 Legacy Keyed Handle Set. The compatible mortise lock is sold separately. It is our 82-218. Take a look at the dimensions to confirm that these are the right replacements.

I am uncertain if you are considering this, however, you'll want to be sure to repair the door frame and make sure the mortise lock can be secured properly to the door frame. This could be contributing to the damage to handle.

Detailed shot of the Brass color option
Detailed shot of the Brass color option

Profile view of 82-218
Profile view of 82-218

Opposite side view 82-218
Opposite side view 82-218

Is there a left/right model depending on what side the lock is on and the way the door slides open? Does the motise lock come with a keeper and if not, which one would I use.

Thx!!

This handle set can be used for both the left and right side of the door. When assembling the handle set for installation, you'll be able to install it in the orientation needed for your door. Take a look at the video below for reference.

I'll need to see a photo of your existing keeper to identify the correct replacement.

Can you recommend a new keeper based on me replacing the mortis with yours.

There are a few different keepers compatible, with the 82-218. Take a look at our 89-020, 89-021, and 89-021D. See if one of these may work as a replacement for you.

You'll find their dimensions on their product pages via the website.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.