Anderson wood window- 40 years old best guess

A home owner from Somerville, MA says:

Hi

This shows the broken clip sitting on the white painted portion of the window.

The crank is still working. The only way I can close the window is to remove the screen and pull in with my fingers.

Yes windows need replacing. These Anderson windows are on the back side my 1783 house. I am working with the historic commission here in Somerville, MA to replace windows. In the meantime...if you had something I could install to help me that would be great.

Thank you! Trisha

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-6/16/2023, 2:38:06 PM.png
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I believe the part you are searching for is the Andersen Operator shoe. You operator appears to be an older version of the Andersen straight arm operator. We do not carry an exact replacement for this operator so I am unsure that the shoe compatible with our operator would work for yours.

Look over the dimensions and design and compare it to your operator shoe to determine if it might work for your application.

Alternate image for 39-281
Alternate image for 39-281

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.