Assistance with Product Selection

A quick learner says:
I am trying to replace my sliding door lock to a keyed lock and I need assistance selecting the right product. The current lock does not have a Mortise; it looks by a hook and can only be opened on the inside. I've attached some pictures for reference.

My goal is to be able to unlock the door from outside. Please let me know if you can recommend a product that would solve my request.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (58).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (95).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 - 2023-10-13T132619.499.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 - 2023-10-13T132617.256.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image5 (21).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your handle set reminds me of the 82-009A with a clamp-style latch depending on how the specifications below compare to yours. This handle set does not come with an external key lock but it can be used with the 82-306 keyed exterior pull. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 82-009A

Alternate image for 82-306
Alternate image for 82-306

Alternate view of 82-306
Alternate view of 82-306

Hole center dimensions for 82-306
Hole center dimensions for 82-306

A quick learner from Patio Door says:
Hello,

so if the specifications match up, the interior will have the 82-009A with a clamp-style latch and the exterior will have the 82-306 keyed exterior pull. What mortise will I need to for both products?

Thanks,
Anissa
A quick learner from Patio Door says:
To clarify my follow up question, I'm trying ti figure out if I need to buy a separate mortise or does the 82-306 keyed exterior pull automatically came with a mortise?

Thanks,
Anissa
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

These handles actually do not use a separate mortise lock since the 82-009A uses a clap-style latch attached to the internal handle as shown below. The latch is what would engage with the frame to lock the door, which appears to be how your original hardware was designed. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.