Awning Operator Replacement

A contractor from Elmhurst, IL says:
Please see the attached pics from my customer looking for a replacement for their awning window cranks. Am I right in assuming that your 39-389 kit should work? I am not able to see any identifying numbers or markings anywhere.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named GpjLZDyjC88ufezNtUYa.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named KFDoMrS5Nh3UUJoA9q72.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sDG4GqWvQVoo2610KzFI.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I don't believe the 39-389 is what you want. This is specifically designed for Andersen brand windows, which isn't what you have here. It also mounts differently; for ours, the screws go straight down into the sill whereas on yours they go horizontally into the trim.

Consider instead our 39-312. Look over our dimensions to see how well they compare. My only major concern here, other than size, is that the shoes at the end of the arms will be different than what you have now. If they are then you may also need to replace the track with our 39-512. Just something to keep in mind.

Dimensions for 39-312
Dimensions for 39-312

Alternate view of 39-312
Alternate view of 39-312

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.