Awning window Crank Handle

A landlord from Batavia, NY says:
The crank handle operator whatever you want to call it needs to be replaced. The part falls apart and has stripped threads. It says Roto on it. Just trying to find the right replacement part at a reasonable cost.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231102_131932.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231109_110859.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. It looks like you have an old Roto operator. We may be able to help, but I need to see the entire mechanism, including the link arm(s) that jut out the back of that gear box and push and pull the window close. If you could manually open the window and provide a bird's eye perspective of the assembly, that would be best. From there I should be able to narrow this down. Many thanks. 

Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231118_112617.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231118_112620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231118_112632.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231118_112651.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231118_112630.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you for these additional photos. The operator you're showing here strongly resembles our 39-083, which measures 21-1/2" from elbow to elbow while fully closed. You should check this measurement before you buy anything just to be sure this is accurate; if not, let me know and I can try to find a better match.

I should also mention that the design of the operator in these new photos is very different than the operator you showed me in your first batch of photos on the 10th. I don't believe that the two designs are at all compatible, either, so if you still needed the first type then I will need similar photos as what you just sent me of the second type.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083

Oh my goodness, you're right, the first set of pictures I sent you, the first one is a different window altogether. My apologies. But yes, that part closely resembles what I'm looking for and need and I believe those measurements are correct. Let me verify that and get back to you ASAP. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
Profile picture of Bob

Sure thing! We're here to help whenever you need us.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.