Awning window parts

A quick learner from Florida says:
I'm located in South Florida there must be over a thousand units that have Windows like these. The problem is this there's three windows in a row from top to bottom when you crank the window closed apparently it shifts upward and locks in to the hook you're seeing in the picture. On one side of the window it works perfectly but on the side without the handle which is what you're looking at it just doesn't lock. Doesn't appear to be broken any of the parts they seem to move smoothly. In addition the handle mechanism I needed to replace and I got a unit but the whole for the screw that connects to the window assembly was the wrong size. How did these things fully lock in place is it simply that when you crank it it does move up and it's just age isn't going to allow it to do that
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated I know there's a lot of people here who have similar problems and they just letting them go
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230614_135846704_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

I am going to have one of our senior experts take a further look at your picture to see if they can offer any suggestions regarding replacement parts. We will be in contact as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience! 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

About the window not locking, my first thought would be to lubricate the linkage in the window with a type of spray lubricant. Lubricating the linkage might clear up the issue. Another thought is that the window could be out of square. Not sure how to fix this with out reinstalling the window. Also send us a some photos of the original operator removed from the window so we can get a good look at it. That would help us identify the operator and possibly the window. Look at the related video on the website on awning window operators.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.