Balance

A contractor from Virginia says:
Hi, I need 6 of the yellow one, which is 37 inches
And 2 of the orange one, which is 25 inches please.
And I need 2 of each the pivet shoe comes with them please
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm sure we can replace these spiral balances for you and the pivot shoes, but we'll need a little more information. First off, you'll need to confirm the diameter of the metal tubes. It should be either 3/8" or 5/8'. If it's 3/8", you have the Series 900. If  it's 5/8", you're looking for the Series 600. Based on the color of the 37" balance, I suspect you're working with the Series 900, since the S900-37 has either white or yellow options, but it doesn't hurt to confirm to be safe. 

You then have to choose a color tip option, which determines the strength of the balance. Assuming you do have the S900-37, that color might be yellow; but it could just as easily be an off-white. The best thing to do would be to obtain the exact weight of the window sash. Once you have that exact weight, you'll know whether or not you need a yellow or white tip option. The white tip will support a window sash in the weight range of 7 through 22 pounds, while the yellow will support 24 through 34 pounds. 

For your 25" balance, it's a bit more straightforward--that's just a faded red tip, and that's the color to choose once whether it's a S600-25 or S900-25.

Finally, for the pivot shoes--there's actually loads of different pivot shoes that work with these balances. The best thing to do is to remove an undamaged one and show us a clear picture, and also provide us its width and thickness. That should help narrow down your options. The video below shows how to remove and replace pivot shoes used with spiral balances. Let me know if you have further questions.  

Thank you very very much, you are the best, I will check the size for the shoe and I will get back to you.
And I'm pretty sure I need the yellow one because the is heavy thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Sure thing! I'm happy to advise on the shoe whenever you can get that for me.

If you're at all unsure of which color tip to pick, I highly recommend weighing your sash on a scale so that you can 100% verify. Trust me, it's better to check that before you buy anything.

Ok so I need 25 inches 5/8 red/orange (1) piece.
And I need 37 inches 5/8 yellow (6) pieces.
And for the balance shoe I will send you couple pictures for it. I need (10) pieces just in case.
Dimensions 1 1/4 * 2 * 1/2
And can I get the charging Tool that I saw it from the Video that you provided please.
Thank you very much
I think I got it thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Great! I see you placed your order, and I agree with the parts you picked out.

Thank you very much for the business and please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

Hello Sir, do you have from this one please.
Thank you very much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1811.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1812.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

That is very similar in design to our 38-036. You can review its specs below to determine if you think it's worth giving a shot.

Alternate view of 38-036
Alternate view of 38-036

Hello Sir, can you help me to find this one please, just take it out from the white cover.
And you can see from the pictures this is what size it should be, Thank you very much.
Profile picture of Bob

While this balance has a white nylon cover, it's actually the same kind of design as what you were looking for before. Therefore your options are the same: either the 3/8" diameter Series 900 or the 9/16" diameter Series 600. The only difference is that our tubes are metal, not nylon, but that doesn't matter at the end of the day. They'll work the same.

Your next step is to measure the diameter of the white tube to determine whether it's 3/8" or 9/16". Those are the only two options, so it has to be one of those.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.