Balance

A home owner from Science hill ky says:
Hello
Was needing some assistance ensuring I purchase the correct balances. Please see the pics. One is 16c bsi eb and the other is 25b bsi ec.

Thank you,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Your balances resemble the Series 795 channel balance, but do you have an undamaged version of the bottom T-lock shoe you could show us? The ones in the pictures are missing the metal cam within the shoe. We need to determine if your balances use a close or open style (see through) cam. Thank you! 

The Series 795 channel balance comes equipped with the 15-195 closed cam version. If you have an open cam style, you will need to switch out to the 15-195B T-lock shoe which is sold separately. 

A home owner from Science hill ky says:
Hello Lauren,

I appreciate the quick reply.

Unfortunately, I do not. The other windows in the home have a slightly different set up. I will likely purchase the 2 16" and 2 25" Series 795 balances (both balances on both sides of both windows are broken) and purchase 4 of the 15-195B T-lock shoe just to ensure I have everything I need when I go to replace.

How can I tell which shoe I will need when I go to replace it?

Thank you,
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If you want to go this route, once received, you will need to try both shoes out in the window to determine which one engages with the pivot bar better for a smoother function. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.