I need to identify what balances to buy. Balance is 28 3/4 inch long
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I believe we may have a replacement balance we can supply you with but to confirm this, it would be a good idea to double check the length of the metal channel. Since your balance has a 2830 stamp on it, I suspect the length of the channel to be 29". If so, you'll need the S390-29 with a 1-1/8" shoe.

If the length of your balance is 28-3/4", our balance will likely not work as a suitable replacement for your existing hardware.

Close up view of the S390 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S390 balance shoe.

A quick learner from Tulsa ok says:
Would a 28 work? Because the balance does measure 28 3/4 inches
A quick learner from Tulsa ok says:
Are you aware of where I can bu a balance that would work? Thank you
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that it isn't very likely the 28" balance would work to replace your existing balances. Unfortunately, we haven't come across a balance in this style made is 3/4" increments. To the best of our knowledge, there aren't any companies that make a balance in this channel length.

If you are 100% positive that the length of your metal channel is 28-3/4", there is a good chance your balances may have been a custom alteration. Unfortunately, this is not something we can replicate.

Our best suggestion would be to contact the manufacturer of your window, if you know who they might be, to inquire on where you might be able to find the replacement for this balance.

Our sincerest apologies that we cannot be of help with this repair.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.