Balance identifier

A quick learner from Culpeper VA says:
My part has "28E" engraved on the outside of the channel. I believe this is the 765 but your description says the top is a screw in type clip. Mine has an actual clip that is installed into a hole in the window frame.
I have several that I need to replace that have come detached from the window.

I also need to know how to replace them.
I have Plygem windows installed in my Ryan home.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0055.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pulley hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pulley hook installed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance channel
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can't be sure but it looks like you have balances similar to the S795 except that yours uses a hook like the 15-198 for installation instead of a screw tab. We can provide replacements with the hook attached but it'll need to be a custom order. Before we get started, we'll need you to remove the T-lock shoe that attaches to the balance from the window jamb to confirm if it matches the 15-195 that comes with our stock balances or one of the other variations related on this page. We'll also need to know the exact number of replacements that you need, with the minimum being two. Thank you! 

I have attached a picture of the lower connector. I would need 5 of these.
What is the lead time on them and what would they cost? Can you just bill me and I can pay for them? I need to get them soon because we are moving and we need to sell our home.

Thank you for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Your T-lock shoe resembles the closed cam 15-195 but you'll need to remove it from the window jamb to confirm that it matches the 1-1/4" width shoe below. We also recommend purchasing 6 balances since replacing one side will cause an uneven amount of support. This could cause damage to the hardware or the window itself. 

Dimensions for 15-195
Dimensions for 15-195

Alternate view of 15-195
Alternate view of 15-195

Alternate view of 15-195
Alternate view of 15-195

Also, please note that there would be a 5-6 week lead time for these balances since the 15-198 hook is currently out of stock. I understand that this could be a problem since you are trying to close on the house. If you would like to move forward with the order, we'll be happy to send over an order link and price quote once we confirm the quantity you'd like to purchase. 

Thank you very much for the help. I got the piece out of the window and you are correct.

Please send me a quote for 10 of them then and I will just have some for the next owners when the windows malfunction again.

Thank you for all the help.

Shaun
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock width
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over an order link and price quote for the balances you requested. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.