Balance replacement, coil type

A quick learner from MD says:
I need to replacement the above balance. The spring has broken, picture included.
I wish to purchase replacement parts for both right and left side.
Please advise and send parts needed with prices. In case it is not cleat the balance is 17/32
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240321_154258.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240321_154440.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240321_154404.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240321_160741.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. You have an older coil balance system that is unfortunately not made anymore. That said, I believe that you can use the 15-087 as a substitute. This shoe works with Series 180 Coil Balances. You won't need the tandem housing (the 15-086) like your set up, either; you can just install the Series 180 spring directly in the 15-087 shoe.

You have to choose a spring weight for the replacement coil. Is the largest stamped number on your spring a '6"? It's a bit tough to tell with the glare. If so, use the S180-6 6 pound coil. Let me know if you have any questions.

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.