Balances that use 15-027

A friend says:
Need help to ID.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20240401-WA0008.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20240401-WA0007.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20240401-WA0015.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_2024-03-16-22-01-49-60_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20240322211218.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can supply this balance, but you should know right away that these are a little complicated. None of our stock options can replace it, but we can custom make you an assembly here in our shop that will work in the same capacity.

Before we go into it any further, I'll need you to verify some information.

To start, these windows use what I call an "asymmetric balance system," meaning that the balance on the left side of the window is going to be different than the balance on the right side. They will have different plastic fittings on the top and bottom and will additionally have different stamps printed on the metal channel.

I see in your photos above that you have two identical balances, which is concerning. Can you tell me if these came off the same window, or from two different windows? If they came off the same window, have you ever experienced any issues with how it operates? Has it ever been difficult to open or close, or has it made a lot of noise?

If these are from different windows, then that means they have an asymmetric partner on the opposite side. In each case, I'll require a clear photo of the top end, bottom end, and stamp.

Please also tell me how many of each side you need, since we'll need a quantity count before we can proceed.

A home owner from piscatway says:
Sorry for the confussion, identical balance in the image is from different window. I have 2 such window. I have recently bought this house. and windows are not in working condition. So i have send you the image what was already fitted but in broken. Also the lock above the window in right hand side is broken. 2 identical part in the image is from the right hand side. In the left hand side, i have not removed the part yet. I have send you its image in fitted condition. Tahnk you
Profile picture of Tom

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I thought that might be the case.

In that case, I'm goin to need you to remove the balance on the other side of the window, as well, and show me some photos of that one. I specifically need to see the top end, bottom end, and the stamp.

Secondly, regarding the balance that you already removed, can you show me a picture of the top end for that, as well? It's currently not shown in your photos and we will have to see that before we proceed.

Lastly, can you give me a precise count for how many of each side you need?

A home owner from piscatway says:
Hello,
I have 2 same size window. I want all part of both of them. Here i am describing one window, which has right hand side and left hand side, when i face to window.

Right hand side channel is 27 inch long (Only metal without plastic), 2630 P is written on it. It has white plastic top and black plastic bottom.
Left hand side channel is 26 inch long (Only metal without plastic) 2540 p is written on it. It has white plastic top and no bottom.

On right side top of the window, there is tilt latch. Also there is small plastic in side the window, you can see in the right sided image.

On right side of the window, there is hinge leaft assembley. Both on top and bottom side. Inside bottom side there is rivet.

I want both sided (Right and left sided) channel balance for 2 windows. (2*2=4).
I want Left sided leaft assembly(upper and lower-2*2=4) with rivet removal and installation tool. Also let me know how to remove old rivet. Also need rivet and/or screw to install assembly. These are also for 2 windows.
I want 2 tilt latch (One for each window)
I want small plastic inside window in right side. for 2 window.
Pleaase also add if i miss any small plastic, becasue i want to change all of that plastic and channel so that it properly works.

Please send mw which item i should order. Or send me the link. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named aa- left top.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named aa- right side top.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named aaa- right.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named aa-left bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named a-Channel.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

This information is very helpful, thank you!

Starting with the balances, I have everything I need to get started. I will email you a custom order link and price quote that you can use to add these to your cart. That way you can checkout with all of the requested parts at one time. I will describe here exactly how we'll make them:

• 2x 27" long balance with a 19-008 top and 15-025 bottom fitting, with a 2630 stamp
  • 2x 26" long balance with a 19-008 top and NO bottom fitting, with a 2540 stamp

Concerning the leaf assembly, that would be our 15-069. You will need to drill out the old rivets to uninstall them. Regarding the new rivets, see out 62-200, as well as the 75-075 rivet installation tool.

For the tilt latch, see our 18-027. This is available in the color black.

Lastly, concerning that small plastic piece, that is unfortunately not something we're able to provide. All of the parts mentioned so far are discontinued, and while we are still able to carry quite a few of them, this one is just not possible for us to get a hold of anymore. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

That should be everything. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance and I will do my best to help.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a channel balance attachment
How to replace a channel balance attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.