Bay window side locking component

A home owner from Whitestone, NY says:

To Whom It May Concern,

I had a window installed by Crystal Windows company and I need to replace parts that is currently broken. It is a bay window on the right side part that locks the window in place when it is rolled down. The company told me to ask you. If you have any questions, please email me or call me.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3505.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3504.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3503.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I'm not sure what you may have here. Would it be possible for us to see this lock removed from the window? Let us know!

A home owner says:
Hi
Attached is the picture of the latch. The right side doesn't catch on to the window hook. I have to shut the window very tight so the latch will catch. Even when it does catch, the latch doesn't stay locked and pops back up
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3690.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3691.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3692.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3693.jpeg
A home owner says:
As you can see, the left side of the window seals to the frame but the right side does not. The operator arms wobble up and down. When I open the window, the arms drops and when i close the window, the arm hits the frame. I have to lift the operator arm to close the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3698.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3697.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3696.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3695.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3694.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like the problem could be the operator. One idea would be to "bend" the arms up to try to keep it from hitting the frame. Another idea would be to see where it is hitting and try using a file to keep it from hitting. You may possibly need to replace the operator. Also, check the window sill to see if it rises up in the middle causing the operator to hit.

For the casement lock and operator, see if the specifications of the 38-036 and 39-473 match up with your old hardware. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.