Beige Soft-Lite Vinyl DH-10 Imperial Windows - installed 2000

A home owner from marlboro, nj says:
Hi, I need two sets of window balances because my shoe pivots have disintegrated on a tilt-wash double hung Imperial window. This is a small window with each piece at 11x17 inches. Can you help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named damaged metal cam
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named damaged metal cam pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed pivot shoe
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I recommend our 15-177 which uses the Series 152 coil springs. Your old pivot shoe was discontinued but this can replace it. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions. 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

Thanks Emily,

the repairman stated that I need two sets of window balances. These pivot lock shoes look great for my needs, but do they come as window balance sets?

I appreciate your help,
Karl
Window Balancers - are these coil springs the same thing as window balancers when installed with new pivot lock shoes?

I have a double hung tilt-wash window with two 11x17 inch windows. If this coil spring is purchased, what weight should it be?

The windows are vinyl wrapped aluminum.

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

The Series 152 coil spring balances are sold separately. I recommend checking the band of the coil spring for a stamped number that indicates the weight. 

If there aren't any stamps or they're too faded, you will have to weigh the window sash on a scale and divide the weight by the number of springs in the window to determine the proper spring weights. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.