Bi-fold doors

A home owner from Jacksonville IL says:
I just bought a house and all the bi-fold closet doors have these clips holding the pins in place. I found part # 21-154 and they look like they would work. Do you think they will?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0410.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can't confirm if the part you picked out will work for you. The 21-154 is the new design for the Slimfold rod clamp. Do your pins look similar to the 21-001 and the 21-007? Take a look at the specifications and see how they compare. 

No they do not. They are just like a solid pin with a bushing on one end that does into the track. No clips attached to the pins. Each door has a threaded style system on the lower left corner ( if facing outside of the doors) to adjust height.
The clips I current have are inserted into door and then the smooth pin goes through the door holes and through the clip. Then you adjust the door height and alignment and then tighten the screws in the clips
Profile picture of Paul

What you describe sounds like the old original Slimfold pins. Can you show us some photos of your pins? 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0417.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0418.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0419.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

It looks like you have the old Slimfold bi-fold door pins that have been replaced with the 21-001 and 21-007. In replacing them, you would need one 21-001 bottom adjusting pin and three 21-007 spring-loaded pins.

Oh ok. Thank you for your replies. That's a lot of pins to buy. I have 8 sets of bi-fold doors
Profile picture of Paul

It's our pleasure to help. Good luck with the repair and let us know if you need anything else!

How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.