Bifold doord

A quick learner from USA says:

whoever got my last email about bifold door number one this now below is bifold door number two can I put I I guess I'll put glue on the top and then a new piece. I don't know. I need your help very very very very badly. All the doors have mirrors on them, and they are all very heavy the The middle latch in the middle in in on the door where it latches to the other door doesn't latch and the bottom doesn't latch either I need your help desperately and I truly hope you can help me. It is very difficult to take these doors down. Can I do it with the doors up please help thank you so so so so much 

Nancy 

Again thanks so so so much!!!! Two doors . This is number one. Track came down a bit. And door is a bit warped. Door won't close. Please help!!thanks!!!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nancy CL1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nancy CL2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nancy CL3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nancy CL4.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nancy CL5.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Nancy.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid the only parts we can help with are the 23-106 hinge and the 23-108 floor guide. We don't have matches for the roller or the part in your third photo, unfortunately. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

A quick learner from USA says:

Hi,

I'm eagerly awaiting your call or email.

One of the bifolds is somewhat acceptable. I can live with it. The other problem door set is below. It's really bad.

Regarding the worst door set; the one door that is completely out of the track, the one with the chopped up top r (corner seen from the inside) I think I have a remedy for that particular issue-just have my handyman put a piece of metal over the torn up press wood-with holes in it. Screw and glue it in (to look like a corner bracket, and then push your plastic roller thing down in it and in to the track. How does that sound to you? I'll need the right roller piece. I think the short one would work best.

Then, for that heavy mirrored door that is next to the stationary door of the next group of bifolds,.I think I should put your plastic finger things in the middle of the edge of that bad door and another one an inch or 2 lower down on the stationary door - the one that is on the next group of bifolds. Then on the floor, something else-I hope you would know what I should do there to hold the door closed and in alignment with the other doors and the track. Then in the middle of the door-your roller piece matched with the metal bracket for it on the next to it door. Or would those plastic finger pieces be better-one on each door about an inch apart so that they face each other to keep the door closed (the next door door is on the outside of the next group of 2 bifolds.) Then on the floor- in order to slide into the existing white plastic thing-I need to put something as now there is nothing on the door to keep the whole thing aligned on the bottom. In fact, most of those pieces have disappeared, leaving only the white v-shaped plastic pieces. I'll also need 4 new hinges as 2 or perhaps 3 have gotten all bent up. The hinges are 3 1/4" up and down by 2 inches across with the 2 doors flat open (or each side is 1" across.). I'll need your heaviest-duty hinges.

How does that sound to an expert? The door are all ¾" wide without the mirror and the mirror adds about ¼" more.

Please get back to me on this problem. The 2 hooked together doors won't stay closed at all. It's usually swung out into the room and it's all really really bothering me.

Next to that bad pair of door are another pair of doors-with the hinge between them and that pair is hooked to the ceiling next to that swinging door.

The first of the new pictures BELOW show where the 2 sets of bifolds are. The swinging door which has no middle hinges on it as it should align with the next set of bifolds but has no way to do that because it is missing the bottom piece that must slide into the v shaped floor piece and the next set which has the hinges on that edge of it. The swinging door side has no way to stay closed-no plastic roller mid door or finger like things mid door on that swinging door and on the door next to it.

The next picture with my finger pointing to the really bad top corner shown in the last pic. above. ImG_2837 with my 2 fingers show the worst door of the first set with the doors of the good set. and the last pic. below shows the same set.

Again, thanks so much! Please call me or write to me here with questions, comments, solutions, etc. I can't wait to buy from you what I'll need to fix that door. (and the other one if I can).

Sincerely,

Nancy 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It appears the hardware on your bi-fold doors is the Paniflex. The top roller you are looking for might be our 23-099. The hinge that will fit your doors are the 23-106 but we recommend four hinges instead of three because of the weight of the door. We don't have the meeting door aligner with a wheel, but we do have the Paniflex type which would be the 23-111. For the bottom door guide, look at the 23-107 that would slide in the 23-108 floor guide.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.