Bottom door sweep

A quick learner from Flat Rock, NC says:
This door sweeps is 21 years old. No Manufacturer description. About 21" long and has one screw in #1 slide and another short screw in the "2 slide. An inside screw on a small tunnel but want pry off.
Don't seem to find anyone that has the right parts.
Can you help?
Robert
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4964.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4937.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Robert. Shower door parts like this can be difficult to track down, reason being that the companies who make these doors usually produce a line of doors for only a brief time before replacing them with another series entirely, rendering the old model obsolete. To put it another way, the shower door industry has a ton of turn-around and replacement parts don't stay on the market for long. You probably won't find an exact match for this.

That just means you're going to have to do some handiwork. As this is a framed shower door, my top recommendation is going to be the 10-324. this is our general-use drip rail that I've personally used on a wide variety of different shower door brands. It works in most applications, but it does take some alterations.

To start, this is sold in 24" lengths, not 21", so you will need to cut it down to size. I suggest a hacksaw for the metal part and heavy shears for the vinyl sweep.

Secondly, the 10-324 does have some pre-made installation holes but I would be shocked if they line up with what's in your door now. They never have for me, that's for sure, and I've repaired a lot of these doors. That means you will need to drill holes in the rail to get it to align with the holes in your door.

Lastly, it's important to keep in mind that any product altered in the ways suggested would be ineligible for a refund. Just something to consider before you buy anything.

Other than that, I think the 10-324 is a strong option. It would be my first choice for this project.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.