Broke the pivot shoe on RSVP vinyl tilt window balance assembly

A home owner from Rochester NY says:
I'm looking for a replacement shoe, shoe assembly, or possibly even a full replacement balance assemblies (I assume I'd need to replace as a set?).

Any chance you have a shoe assemply that will work, or even just the case metal part I broke?

There are three pics attached, as described here.

Front:
- As I face the window from inside the house, this is the balance assembly from the right side.
- Width is 1.25 as measured below
- The shoe appears to be removable out the back, IF I could get the gray tab to release.

Side.
- Spring has a number stamped on it - circled in red. Number is either a 6 or a 9.
- The spring is .5 wide

Back:
- back of the assembly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ted
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ted. Please see our 15-175 pivot shoe and Series 152 coil spring and let me know how well these match up.
A home owner says:
If not a perfect match, the 15-175 is pretty darn close. Am I correct in thinking that this part will work on either side (left or right), and if I've only broken the pivot shoe, I can order one of these, and move the current springs over to the new shoe, and re-install?
Ted
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep! You're right on both counts. This shoe can work on both sides, and you should be able to re-use any hardware that's not damaged.
A quick learner from Rochester NY says:

And... 7 years later, and I broke another one (since my initial question back in 2016!).

I see the 15-175 is discontinued. There is a reference to a 15-177.

Are they functional / size interchangeable? Anything I should check or watch out for?

Thanks in advance,

Ted 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Yes, the 15-177 and 15-175 are totally interchangeable. The 15-175 was discontinued a few months ago, but so far I've found the 15-177 to work perfectly with all the existing hardware and with no alterations necessary.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.