Broken Crank window brand?

A home owner from Sam Francisco says:
I have a broken crank -number OP05-1509. The hexagon piece broke off in the case so the window cannot shut properly and leaves a gap. The window was installed by a company named QualiTex in 2006 (San Jose or Canoga Park) No longer licensed. Receipt says 'Furnish and install new custom-made vinyl replacement windows'. Notes say it has a lifetime warranty incl breakage.' Would you know the manufacturer of this window given the crank part#. I'm trying to have it fixed as opposed to replacing it. Thanks for any info
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! When searching for that part number, our 39-226 is what populates. So, I am assuming that you may have a Roto casement operator. Although, to confirm with certainty, I'll need to see a photo of your operator.

Unfortunately, the operator this handle was made for has been discontinued and is no longer made. So, you will need to speak with them about the warranty and the repairs for this operator.

There is a chance that they may tell you the best suggestion would be to replace the casement operator and handle set. If that is the case, part 39-325 (the opposite handed version 39-326) is typically recommended as a replacement. This the updated version for the Roto operator that uses the male Roto folding handle. 

Dimensions for 39-325
Dimensions for 39-325

Alternate view of the 39-325 operator.
Alternate view of the 39-325 operator.

The compatible folding handle for this operator is part 39-232 and the 39-535 face mount sash bracket.

I am thinking that the best course of action is to order these parts and find someone to install them. Should I order TWO face mount sash brackets for the two windows that need new operator and crank hardware? Are there two opposite sash parts?

Thanks so much. Joan

You'll likely need one sash bracket per operator given that the operators only connect using the single link arm. The number of parts you'll need to purchase will depend solely on the number of parts currently installed in your window and the number of windows you are look to replace the parts for.

I've linked all of the compatible parts to this thread.

I hope this helps!

Hi I just ordered 39-325 and 39-326. Today lying down under the broken window I was able to see some numbers that might better identify the best replacement part. Windows are approx 27" wide. The number is on the bottom side of the white round part that has the hole to fit the hexagon crank piece in.
Numbers Left -OP05 753(3)is hard to read)-03
01-12-06 71895

Right - OP05 7532-03
01-12-06 71893

Does this information lead you to another replacement idea?? Here are pictures of the right and left window. Thanks for all your effort!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A03D768-50C7-495C-9AE4-24851C521325.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F45A4CF-D7B7-4126-9694-4E7AC5F6D2BC.jpeg

Yes, it does help to give another idea however, it does not help to narrow down what you might need. There is a another part that does populate when searching the numbers you've provided, it is the 39-399 Roto single arm operator; the opposite version is part 39-400. This also used the 39-232 Roto Folding Crank Handle. It also uses the 39-541 Roto Casement Track Slider.

To determine which of these is the right replacement you'll need to compare the design and measurements from those shown on the diagram above, as well as those shown on the diagram below for the 39-399.

Alternate image for 39-399
Alternate image for 39-399

The body of each of these operators is the same, so the only way to confirm which one you need will be to confirm the design and dimensions of the entire operator.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.