Broken coil balances

A contractor from Augusta says:
Hey, have several windows that have just one side where the coil balance snapped. I don't know if the top plastic and bottom piece come with a new coil bablance, or if you just order the coils. Can you direct? The house was built in 2001. The (2) pics enclosed are of the top and bottom of a side that is not broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Assembly 2
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Your coil assembly resembles an older version of the 15-180 pivot shoe that is compatible with the Series 190 coil springs. Please review the dimensions below to confirm a good fit! 

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

The original coil should have a number stamped on the metal that indicates the weight option needed to support the window sash. If there are no markings, please provide the weight of the window sash to move forward.

If the original shoe is still in good shape, the new coil springs should be compatible. 

Also see the 15-186 balance clip and 15-182 balance bushing if needed. Let us know if you have any additional questions!  

I think all the shoes are fine. Some of the coils just snapped. Have noticed no "stamps" on these coils. Will have to weight the sashes and let you know...

No problem! 

Hey, went through that house and checked the sash weights for the windows that need help. There are 4 in all. The 4 sash weights are - (2) 16 lbs., a 21 lb. (that is set up with dbl coils - see new pic enclosed of that), and an odd ball at 23 lbs.

The "odd ball" window actually has no broken parts, and is set up with a single coil. However, someone re-glassed it at one time and it now weighs 23 lbs. and will not stay up. It used to be a 16 pounder. So, probably going to have to convert it to dbl coils (I'm guessing).

Anyway, that's the breakdown. I'll need a few shoes, coils, and whatever is used up top to carry dbl coils. I believe you've directed me already to the shoe, so I just need direction on the other.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DBL Carrier.jpeg

Thank you for the additional information,

For the 16 pound sashes, you can use (1) S190-840 coil spring on each side of the window. 

For the 21 pound and 23 pound sash, since its uneven, it is up to you which combination you want to use. As long as the weight is within a pound the coils should support the sash. 

You could double up (1) S190-540 and (1) S190-640 on both sides of the window to get to 22 pounds. This should be sufficient for both weights. But if you rather go a pound higher or lower take a look at weighted coils here

For a single coil setup, you would use the 15-182 balance drum and 15-186 balance clip. For double, use the 15-182 per coil along with the 15-181 double support clip.

Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.