Broken shoe cam

A quick learner from New Hampshire says:

Please see attached window parts that are broken, I need left and right to repair 6 windows. The pivot bar pivot pin has a U-shaped cam that's broken. It's a double coil with a number 5 on both coils, the metal coils are the only useable parts everything else is broken.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4 (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image11.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (3).jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We used to sell the tilt latch shown here but it's discontinued and no longer available, unfortunately. Converting to a surface mount latch to fit over the top of where the old internal tilt latch was installed is the best we can offer. Take a look at the video below that will guide you through every step of this process. You'll then need to find a tilt latch that will fit the space available; we have detailed dimensions in each case that you can use as a reference.

I'm afraid we can't help with the coil balance parts and pivot bar from these photos alone, however. We'd need to see a photo of an undamaged pivot bar and pivot shoe removed from the track. 

A quick learner from New Hampshire says:
Hello Experts,
I will take 12 of the conversation latches and 12 of part numbers 15-177 and 15-185. Please see attached pictures of pivot pins and shoes. You can see the two pieces of the pivot pin in two pictures. I would like to purchase enough parts to repair 6 windows left and right.
Thank you
mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7380.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7377.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7375.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7378.png
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

You wouldn't want the 15-185. This isn't compatible with the 15-177 and S152 coil springs but the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 barrel are. They simply sandwich around each coil spring. 

I can't be certain of the pivot bar from these photos but our 26-226 comes to mind, though keep in mind that this is an educated guess. I'm also not sure which tilt latches you're referring to. You would need to browse our selection here to see if you think any would fit on your sash. 

All orders can be placed on our website at your convenience!

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.