Cabinet Hinges- House built 1985

A home owner from Arizona says:
Hello, I'm having all the cabinets in my home painted white. They are currently a dark brown, faux wood grain finish. The issue is the painter does not feel comfortable, patching old holes and drilling new ones to replace hinges with newer ones. I'm trying to find the same hinges as the ones in the picture and I would like them in matte black, brushed nickel.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cabinet Hinges.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I am afraid the 32-126 and the offset 32-127 are our closest matches to your old hinge design. Now, as you can clearly see, the base plate does not extend as far as your old hinge, and the hole pattern is likely slightly off. Unfortunately nothing can be helped with this. As I understand it, the original version of these hinges was made by a manufacturer that had a plant based in Japan. At some point, as businesses are wont to do, they moved production to China. When this happened, for some inexplicable reason the original mold was destroyed and replaced. Because of this, finding original hinges of this design is next to impossible. I've yet to hear of anyone tracking them down. Drilling holes, while not nominal, might be your only option. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.