Can exsiting part be used?

A home owner from Neptune Beach, Fl. says:
Submitting photos to double check my measurements. The part listed after the question about tube diameter I am not able to identify on existing hardware installed. Non-Tilt Window Balance 22" length & 3/8" diameter. Do I need anything other than the Balance? Part that is currently installed, that holds the window & balance - not sure part name - need to be changed?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageolD8vu.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageT0Qlcm.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageM2wnSc.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage5Vhj6J.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageJTHwuZ.gif
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Your spiral balance appears to be our 3/8" S900-22 tilt window spiral balance. Although, your tip color does not match the tip colors available for this balance. This is what helps to determine the weight range your balances should be able to carry to support the weight of your sash. 

With that said you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash to determine if your balance will need the red tip (7 to 21lbs) or the blue tip (12 to 22lbs). Although, if your balance falls anywhere between 12 to 21lbs, either balance will work fine. 

If your sash weighs more than 22lbs please let me know.

In regard to the part in the window, this is the pivot shoe. So long as it is good/working condition, you may not need to replace it. In the event that you do decide to replace it, either our 15-045 or our 15-173 appear to be the replacement you need. To determine which of these is the right fit, you'll need to remove the shoe and carefully compare the dimensions from their diagrams.

Take a look at the videos below for an idea on how to remove these pivot shoes.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.